Monday, August 27, 2012
Pickled Green Pepper/고추장아찌/醃渍青椒
For me, I like to use tooth stick to make one or two holes on the green peppers, this will help the green peppers to absorb the sauce well....( this process is optional if you think that it is troublesome ..)
green peppers 450g
Korean soju (Korean white wine) 1 cup
sugar 1 cup
vinegar 1 cup
Korean soy bean sauce 1/2 cup
anchovy sauce ( 멸치액젓 ) 1/2 cup
1. Wash the green peppers and use the kitchen tower to dry ,set aside.
2. Pour all the sauces in a container and stir it well, make sure that the sugar is melt.
3. Add in the green peppers.
4. Put a dish on the top of the container , just to prevent the green peppers will float on the surface, and the sauces do not cover the green peppers.
5. Marinate it for at least 10 days, the long the better, the taste will be more delicious.
6. You may slice the pickled green peppers when you serve it on the dinning table or don't slice it at all....